This bunting ticks all the boxes: easy and low cost (a winning combination!!), great for children of all ages and a free printable to bring it all together! At Halloween we decorate the front of our house, kitchen and living room. But I know a house full of bats and a steaming cauldron is not for everyone!! Combining this jack-o-lantern bunting with a pumpkin and a bowl of treats is enough to set a Halloween scene!
You will need:
- Four orange and three black card flags* (I bought mine ready made from Tiger).
- Four green card strips – 1cm wide x 8cm long.
- The Simple Owl ‘jack-o-lantern face’ printable, download here.
- String or ribbon long approx 2m long.
- Hole punch (borrowed from my drawer and no where to be found at time of photo!)
- Glue stick (such as Pritstick).
*To make your own flags click here for a template.
- Cut out the four individual jack-o-lantern faces. Using the glue secure in place on the four orange flags.
- Roll one end of the green card into a spiral and release to form the vine.
- Using glue secure 2cm of the vine to the back of the orange flags.
- Punch a hole in the top corners of all seven flags.
- Starting with a jack-o-lantern, insert the string into the first hole (top left corner), front to back. Then bring the string through the second hole back to front. Next add a black flag the same way and continue until all the flags are on the string.
- Lay the flags face down on a table, leaving a 5cm gap between each flag. With a small piece of Sellotape secure the string to the rear of the flag. This will stop the flags from sliding out of position.
You are all done and ready to hang your spooktacular bunting!!!
Happy Halloween! 🙂